RISE & SHINE
Help your kids kick-start their day and stay on track from dusk till dawn with this printable! Our daily checklist puts kids in charge of their daily routine and aids them in developing the character strengths of:
Kids from 3-12 will enjoy checking off their tasks and seeing their progress. (Kids who are not yet reading on their own will need assistance.) Best of all...it fosters their independence!
Simply print out a copy for each kid and help them through the first few days. To save paper, laminate one sheet for each kid and use a dry erase marker. Hang the lists on your fridge, command center, or another visible place.
Remember to celebrate wins and reward kids at the end of a good day with a high five and encouragement. At the end of each week, recognize the changes you see and reward with any of these ideas or your own:
- Play a family board game.
- Let the kids pick the dinner menu.
- Visit a new park.
- Make a playlist with everyone’s favorite songs and have a dance party.
- Bake a cake or other special dessert to enjoy together after dinner.
- Family movie night!
- Have a video game tournament between parents and kids.
- Order takeout and have an indoor picnic in the living room.
- Build a fort and read your kids’ favorite books with them.
- Let your kids choose a (reasonable) way to celebrate.
*This item is a downloadable PDF.
© Families of Character. For personal use only, not to be copied, distributed, altered or sold.