There are 9 critical minutes of your child’s day, that we call “Windows of Influence”. These are the minutes that matter most to your child on a day-to-day basis. They are divided up into 3-min increments.
- The first 3 minutes of the day when they first wake up and you greet them.
- The first 3 minutes when they get in your car after school.
- The last 3 minutes of the evening when you’re tucking them into bed at night.
In order to have a smooth transition back to school, simply being more aware of these 9 minutes in your child’s day and then working to make those really COUNT will make a HUGE difference!
In the full episode, you’ll get a deeper dive into a few additional best practices like these:
- Reflect back on last school year and what worked best for your family will also help you identify what you want to repeat or delete this year.
- Consider ways of working “smarter, not harder” when it comes to nightly reading and homework, too!
- Have a simple Family Huddle every Sunday to get the whole family on the same page for the week ahead
These best practices discussed in this episode are effective ANY time of the year.
Visit our shop for tools that will help your kids crush their before and after school routines, help them do what they need to do before having screen time and get everyone working together on a common goal to grow in character.
Join our Private Facebook Community, The Thrive Community by Families of Character.Visit our website. Families of Character is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Since we were founded, FOC has relied on the generosity of benefactors to give parents solutions to raising children in a peaceful environment that sets children up for success. Your tax deductible donation goes directly to support our operations, continued product creation and various channels of FREE information for parents - such as this podcast. Donate here.